-   -   Which version of Excel created the file (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/152901-version-excel-created-file.html)

RajenRajput1

Which version of Excel created the file

Hello All,

Is there any way to find which version of Excel was used to create a file.

My files vary from 1997 to present.

Many thanks

Rajen

Sean Timmons

Which version of Excel created the file

Don't know of a way to determine original excel version.

However, if you go to File - Properties, you can find the create date.

And if you never access the file with a newer version of Excel, you
typically get a message indicating the Excel version that was last used to
edit the document...

"RajenRajput1" wrote:

Hello All,

Is there any way to find which version of Excel was used to create a file.

My files vary from 1997 to present.

Many thanks

Rajen

RajenRajput1

Which version of Excel created the file

Thank you Sean,

It's very strange that there isn't a simple way to do this. When I do click
properties it mentions "Excel 97-2003" document, and in my opinion that could
be Excel 98, or Excel 2000, or Excel XP , or even Excel 2003.

It was nothing major, just a curiosity. Has "Big Brother" forgot to spy in
this area?!

Regards

Rajen