-   -   Updating / linking (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/152899-updating-linking.html)

Jeff

Updating / linking

what if the data is in two separate files

"JLatham" wrote:

Are both spreadsheets in the same workbook? I will presume that they are.
For discussion, I'll call the imported data sheet 'PlainSheet'.
If the data always comes into PlainSheet in the same cells, then over in
your color coded sheet, simply set up links to the plain sheet as:
='PlainSheet'!A44
or
='PlainSheet'!X2
Those formulas can be in any (appropriate) cells on your color coded sheet,
they simply echo what's in the referenced cell on the PlainSheet.

"Jeff" wrote:

Im making a spreadsheet but i have one problem ive made a template of what i
want it to look like. All the info comes from a website that generates a
normal excel file with just names and dates. Since i need these dates to be
color coded i need to find a way for the color coded spreadsheet to update
with all the info from the regular spreadsheet