-   -   Group and ungroup protected sheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/15286-group-ungroup-protected-sheets.html)

bob

Group and ungroup protected sheets

I need help with grouping and ungrouping protected sheets. I have 3 sheets
in a workbook that must be protected. With protection on I can't use the
group and ungroup function. Is there a solution for this ? If anyone could
help that would be great.
--
Regards

Bob.

Dave Peterson

Do you mean grouping as in Data|Group (outlining) or grouping worksheets (click
on one worksheet tab, then ctrl-click on subsequent tabs)???

If you meant the Data|Group (or even Data|Subtotals)....

If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code
(auto_open/workbook_open??).

Option Explicit
Sub auto_open()
With Worksheets("sheet1")
.Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True
.EnableOutlining = True
End With
End Sub

It needs to be reset each time you open the workbook. (excel doesn't remember
it after closing the workbook.)