-   -   Pricing Tiers Help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/152735-pricing-tiers-help.html)

dj479794

Pricing Tiers Help

(Excel 2003)
Pricing Scenerio:

Unit = $1,000
1 Unit also = 1 Year subscription
Can buy multiple years and/or multiple Units for the same year.
Think of it as dowloading music. I can buy the right to listen to a song for
a year, or that same song for two years. Or I can buy multiple songs. Each
can have its own length of time.

[A1] contains the number of units they want priced
[B1] contains the unit value
[C1] contains the number of years
[D1] would contain the outbut

Pricing Rule#1 Every 10 Units Get One Free (Pertains to cell [A1])
Pricing Rule#2 If a unit is purchased for 3 Years instead of one or two,
they gets 20% Discount

Can you please help me setup the formulas? Thanks!

Elkar

Pricing Tiers Help

See if this is what you're looking for:

=(A1-ROUNDDOWN(A1/10,0))*B1*C1*(IF(C1=3,0.8,1))

HTH,
Elkar

"dj479794" wrote:

(Excel 2003)
Pricing Scenerio:

Unit = $1,000
1 Unit also = 1 Year subscription
Can buy multiple years and/or multiple Units for the same year.
Think of it as dowloading music. I can buy the right to listen to a song for
a year, or that same song for two years. Or I can buy multiple songs. Each
can have its own length of time.

[A1] contains the number of units they want priced
[B1] contains the unit value
[C1] contains the number of years
[D1] would contain the outbut

Pricing Rule#1 Every 10 Units Get One Free (Pertains to cell [A1])
Pricing Rule#2 If a unit is purchased for 3 Years instead of one or two,
they gets 20% Discount

Can you please help me setup the formulas? Thanks!

dj479794

Pricing Tiers Help

Yes thank you!