-   -   How to open 123 files with excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1527-how-open-123-files-excel.html)

Jeff B 813

How to open 123 files with excel

A client gave me files in Lotus 123. I have Excel 2002. Is there a way to
open these files and convert to excel. The WK4 files he gave me convert but
not the 123 files.

Jim Rech

There is no filter that allows Excel to read .123 files. So you have to
convert them to a format Excel can read using 1-2-3 or Conversions Plus from
www.datawiz.com

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"Jeff B 813" <Jeff B wrote in message
|A client gave me files in Lotus 123. I have Excel 2002. Is there a way to
| open these files and convert to excel. The WK4 files he gave me convert
but
| not the 123 files.

Frank Kabel

Hi
there's no converter in Excel available for *.123 files. Two options:
- save the file in Lotus 123 as Excel file
- maybe use the commercial converter at www.dataviz.com

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Jeff B 813" <Jeff B schrieb im
Newsbeitrag ...
A client gave me files in Lotus 123. I have Excel 2002. Is there a

way to
open these files and convert to excel. The WK4 files he gave me

convert but
not the 123 files.

Bob

In Excel 2002 select Files of Type in the Open dialog box and click on Lotus
123. Then open the file you want