-   -   excel program (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/152574-excel-program.html)

1N?

excel program

I try to close the excel program and the worksheet closes. Then I try to
close the proram again and the program closes. Any ideas on how to fix, so
that the program closes everything when the close button is clicked?

Peo Sjoblom

excel program

Assuming you are using 2007 then you need to drag the X button to the QAT
from the customize Excel under the office button. Otherwise you have to do
it in 2 steps which is annoying Of course earlier versions worked fine doing
this

Peo Sjoblom

"1N?" wrote in message
I try to close the excel program and the worksheet closes. Then I try to
close the proram again and the program closes. Any ideas on how to fix,
so
that the program closes everything when the close button is clicked?

1N?[_2_]

excel program

It first started happening with excel 2002 and then with excel 2003 sp2. Any
ideas or is it just the way it is?

"1N?" wrote in message
I try to close the excel program and the worksheet closes. Then I try to
close the proram again and the program closes. Any ideas on how to fix,
so
that the program closes everything when the close button is clicked?

challa prabhu

excel program

Hi,

Could you elaborate a bit.

There is confusing terminology.

If you click the close command under the File menu, the workbook closes and
you cannot perform a Close command thereafter. You can either select the Open
command to open a new Workbook or choose the Exit command to exit the
Microsoft Excle application.

Summary;

1.If you click the Close command under the File menu, the Workbook closes.
2.If you click the Exit command under the File menu, the Application closes..

Challa Prabhu

"1N?" wrote:

I try to close the excel program and the worksheet closes. Then I try to
close the proram again and the program closes. Any ideas on how to fix, so
that the program closes everything when the close button is clicked?

1N?[_2_]

excel program

I click the exit command and the workbook closes and then have to click the
exit command again to exit the proram. Any ideas on how to have an open
workbook and click the exit command and have the program exit without exiting
twice?