-   -   How do I get rid of automatick links? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/15249-how-do-i-get-rid-automatick-links.html)

JDT

How do I get rid of automatick links?

I made a copy of a spreadsheet, and have since added data to that new
spreadsheet. I no longer use the old sheet, but it has data on it I
want to keep.

However, every time I bring up the new spread sheet a box comes up
saying:

"The workbook you opened contains automatic links to information in
another workbook. do you want to update this workbook with changes
made to the other workbook?"

I would like to keep this from popping up all the time. Is there an
easy to go get rid of it?

Thanks.

Gordon

JDT wrote:
I made a copy of a spreadsheet, and have since added data to that new
spreadsheet. I no longer use the old sheet, but it has data on it I
want to keep.

However, every time I bring up the new spread sheet a box comes up
saying:

"The workbook you opened contains automatic links to information in
another workbook. do you want to update this workbook with changes
made to the other workbook?"

I would like to keep this from popping up all the time. Is there an
easy to go get rid of it?

Thanks.

Try here for the Findlink add-in:
http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/MVPPage.asp

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

JDT

On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 21:13:56 -0000, "Gordon"
wrote:

JDT wrote:
I made a copy of a spreadsheet, and have since added data to that new
spreadsheet. I no longer use the old sheet, but it has data on it I
want to keep.

However, every time I bring up the new spread sheet a box comes up
saying:

"The workbook you opened contains automatic links to information in
another workbook. do you want to update this workbook with changes
made to the other workbook?"

I would like to keep this from popping up all the time. Is there an
easy to go get rid of it?

Thanks.

Try here for the Findlink add-in:
http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/MVPPage.asp

I downloaded the program and it worked perfectly. Thanks.

Gordon

wrote:

JDT wrote:
I made a copy of a spreadsheet, and have since added data to that
new spreadsheet. I no longer use the old sheet, but it has data on
it I want to keep.

However, every time I bring up the new spread sheet a box comes up
saying:

"The workbook you opened contains automatic links to information in
another workbook. do you want to update this workbook with changes
made to the other workbook?"

I would like to keep this from popping up all the time. Is there an
easy to go get rid of it?

Thanks.

Try here for the Findlink add-in:
http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/MVPPage.asp

I downloaded the program and it worked perfectly. Thanks.

You're welcome - it's a very useful little utility that!

Gordon Burgess-Parker
Director
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk