-   -   in Excel 2000 how do I convert text to numbers? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/15245-excel-2000-how-do-i-convert-text-numbers.html)

Jo Dee

in Excel 2000 how do I convert text to numbers?

I imported files from Wells Fargo and I want to convert them from text to
numbers...so far nothing is working! thanks

Gord Dibben

Jo Dee

One method......

Format all as General.

Copy an empty cell(also formatted as General).

Select range of numbers. EditPaste SpecialAddOKEsc.

One other method.........

Select range of numbers and DataText to ColumnsFinish

Gord Dibben Excel MVP