-   -   interchange columns with rows (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1524-interchange-columns-rows.html)

Herman

interchange columns with rows

I've run out of columns so was wondering can I rotate my project such that my
rows become my columns and vice versa, I need to work on a left to right,top
to bottom direction. project is 256 columns by 220 rows and I need 280
columns by 220 rows hence the rotation and is there an easy way,

JulieD

Hi Herman

never done this for anything of the size you're talking about but can't see
why it wont work ... insert a new blank worksheet
select your data choose edit / copy
switch to the new worksheet, click in cell A1 and choose edit / paste
special - transpose.
fix up the column widths and it should now be how you want it.

Cheers
JulieD

"Herman" wrote in message
I've run out of columns so was wondering can I rotate my project such that
my
rows become my columns and vice versa, I need to work on a left to
right,top
to bottom direction. project is 256 columns by 220 rows and I need 280
columns by 220 rows hence the rotation and is there an easy way,

Frank Kabel

Hi
try using 'Edit - Paste Special - Transpose'

--
Regards
Frank Kabel