-   -   link formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/152238-link-formulas.html)

Joe

link formulas

The value is in a different tab eg: ='[Duty Free Plan Vs
Actual.xls]Vodka'!$C$99

My problem is that when I flick between spreadsheet, then the formula
changes to

M:\Finance\Sales Reports FY08\By Markets (Plan Vs Actual)\[Duty Free Plan Vs
Actual.xls]Vodka'!$C$99

I would like to keep the original format. How would you solve this and which
problems can you oversee with this approach
thanks,jose

Jim Rech

link formulas

When the source workbook is open all you see is the workbook name in the
link. When the source is closed you see the full path. You have no options
in this as far as I know.

--
Jim