-   -   Draft spreadsheet setup (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/152135-draft-spreadsheet-setup.html)

MaureenN

Draft spreadsheet setup

Can someone please help me...i want to set up a spreadsheet so that it has
the word DRAFT across it ... can someone please help?

FloMM2

Draft spreadsheet setup

Maureen,
One option:
Select the top left cell, Insert, Row
Then select the new cell and drag across the width of the worksheet, select
the Merge button.
The type the word "Draft" without quotes.
Save worksheet.
hth
Dennis

"MaureenN" wrote:

Can someone please help me...i want to set up a spreadsheet so that it has
the word DRAFT across it ... can someone please help?

Gord Dibben

Draft spreadsheet setup

For printing purposes or just for appearance on the sheet?

For either case, WordArt inserted will do the trick.

More on that here at Bob Phillips' site.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 29 Jul 2007 00:52:04 -0700, MaureenN
wrote:

Can someone please help me...i want to set up a spreadsheet so that it has
the word DRAFT across it ... can someone please help?

MaureenN

Draft spreadsheet setup

Hello Gordon
Thank you for responding to my question
I am wanting to set my spreadsheet up with Draft as a watermark but if I try
to use wordArt as you have suggested and try to send it to the back (in
grouping) it doesnt work. Any other ideas?

wrote:

Can someone please help me...i want to set up a spreadsheet so that it has
the word DRAFT across it ... can someone please help?

MaureenN

Draft spreadsheet setup

Thank you - I should have exlpained myself clearer - I want Draft as a
watermark

Maureen

"MaureenN" wrote:

Can someone please help me...i want to set up a spreadsheet so that it has
the word DRAFT across it ... can someone please help?

Gord Dibben

Draft spreadsheet setup

Don't send it to the back, just make it a light gray color, get rid of the lines
and set to semi-transparent as the instructions at Bob's site explain.

Gord