-   -   Getting a named range to appear in another worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/152033-getting-named-range-appear-another-worksheet.html)

John

Getting a named range to appear in another worksheet

I have a named range of data in one work sheet that I want to automatically
populate a range of the same size in another worksheet in the same workbook,
so that when items change in the first, they appear updated in the second.

How do I do this?

Thx for your help, John

Jim Rech

Getting a named range to appear in another worksheet

How do I do this?

Typically by linking formulas but this is so basic I'm not sure if you're
looking for something else.

Anyway, the easiest way to create these formulas is to copy the source
range, go to the first cell where you want the links and do an Edit, Paste
Special, Paste Link.

--
Jim
"John" wrote in message
I have a named range of data in one work sheet that I want to automatically
populate a range of the same size in another worksheet in the same
workbook,
so that when items change in the first, they appear updated in the second.

How do I do this?

Thx for your help, John

JLatham

Getting a named range to appear in another worksheet

Jim Rech's suggestion is the easiest one I can think of. Just about anything
else that I can think of would require some VBA coding. His method would
definitely easily deal with edited data in the source range, although it
wouldn't necessarily deal with inserted/deleted cells/rows/columns in the
source range - as I'm certain both he and you are aware, that's just the
nature of the beast.