-   -   Using color to ignore cells in a formula????? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1520-using-color-ignore-cells-formula.html)

Mike A.

Using color to ignore cells in a formula?????

Is it possible to set up a formula in excel to ingore certain cells if you
should change the color of that cell to a color.

Example:
=sum(a1:a50)
if cell A25 was blue how can I ignore it so that it is not calculated?

Mike A.

Frank Kabel

Hi
only with VBA. See:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm
and
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"Mike A." schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Is it possible to set up a formula in excel to ingore certain cells

if you
should change the color of that cell to a color.

Example:
=sum(a1:a50)
if cell A25 was blue how can I ignore it so that it is not

calculated?

Mike A.

Peo Sjoblom

You would need to make a UDF so it's not built in

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom