-   -   how to save a copy of personal workbook? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/151897-how-save-copy-personal-workbook.html)

Janis

how to save a copy of personal workbook?

I want to save a backup copy of my personal workbook on my flash drive which
is inserted into my computer. I did a search on my computer and could not
find personal.xls or personal workbook.xls. I can of course save it but how
can I save a copy of it?

tia,

Gord Dibben

how to save a copy of personal workbook?

Personal.xls is stored in your XLSTART folder.

Most commonly at this path.........

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

Make sure you are not set to hide files/folders under My ComputerToolsFolder
OptionsView

When found, make a copy.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP