-   -   excel check register template. How to put symbol in clear column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/151882-excel-check-register-template-how-put-symbol-clear-column.html)

billyjpoohbah

excel check register template. How to put symbol in clear column

How do I put a symbol in the excel check register cleared column?
--
Billyj

Gord Dibben

excel check register template. How to put symbol in clear column

What type of symbol and for what purpose and when would you want the symbol put
there?

If using 2000 or newer see InsertSymbol

Or use Alt + 0252 on NumPad with Wingdings font to add a checkmark

Or format to Marlett font and enter "a" (no quotes)

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP