-   -   Link to Windows Discussions (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/151813-link-windows-discussions.html)

RajenRajput1

Link to Windows Discussions

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a similar discussion board for Windows Vista
topics. If someone could paste a link it would be very helpful, thanks.

When I click Windows Explorer, the default folder in view is user/documents
, which I never use, I was hoping there was a way to change it to open "My
Computer" as a default.

Thanks

Rajen

David Biddulph[_2_]

Link to Windows Discussions

The Vista newsgroups include:

microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unts_passwords
microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
microsoft.public.windows.vista.games
microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
microsoft.public.windows.vista.hardware_assessment
microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance
microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
microsoft.public.windows.vista.security
--
David Biddulph

"RajenRajput1" wrote in message
Hello,

I was wondering if there is a similar discussion board for Windows Vista
topics. If someone could paste a link it would be very helpful, thanks.

When I click Windows Explorer, the default folder in view is
user/documents
, which I never use, I was hoping there was a way to change it to open "My
Computer" as a default.

Thanks

Rajen

Harlan Grove

Link to Windows Discussions

RajenRajput1 wrote...
I was wondering if there is a similar discussion board for Windows
Vista topics. If someone could paste a link it would be very
helpful, thanks.

Yes, there are. For some unknowable reason Microsoft has two separate
browser portals for their newsgroups, e.g., you could access this
newsgroup using either

[Office only]

[broader]
http://www.microsoft.com/communities...lic.excel.misc

Backing up from the latter leads to a url from which you can select
Windows newsgroups.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...s/default.mspx