Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Macro Query

All,

I am attempting to record a macro which simply opens a file, updates it [it
is populated with VLOOKUPs which won't update when it's closed] and then
closes it again.

The problem I have is that the file I am opening also contains a
find/replace macro to auto update the formulas at the start of each month. To
do this I have used a 'dummy' ref, and then a find/replace. So most of the
formulas look like this before the find/replace:

=(VLOOKUP($c1,'z:\2007\07''07\[Dummy]sheet1'!$B$6:$H$30,4,FALSE))

When I open this file, it automatically asks me for the location of dummy,
but it doesn't exist, so I have to cancel out. How do I write into the macro
to cancel this, or is there a way to update all formulas except those looking
for the dummy file? Or any other way around this?

Thanks in advance for any help.