-   -   Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/151209-excel.html)

lohende

Excel

When I click on a cell it highlights all the other cells when I move the
mouse. How do I stop this?

Dave Peterson

Excel

It sounds like your mouse buttons are stuck.

Try gently banging the buttons (including the wheel mouse button) to see if that
helps.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Excel

I see you posted that you fixed it in another newsgroup.

lohende wrote:

When I click on a cell it highlights all the other cells when I move the
mouse. How do I stop this?

--

Dave Peterson

Jim Cone

Excel

You might be in extended selection mode.
The F8 key toggles that on and off.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA