-   -   An Excel 2007 file I had previously used, will not open (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/151121-excel-2007-file-i-had-previously-used-will-not-open.html)

badger48

An Excel 2007 file I had previously used, will not open

I had a file named budget. My wife set up another excel 2007 with the name
budget so that when I wanted to go back into "my" budget, I received the
message that since there were two files named budget, I could not open "my"
budget. I renamed the files so each is now different. However, now I can
not open "my" budget. My wife's file budget opens and works normally and I
can open other excel 2007 files with no problem. I have a problem only with
the original "my" budget.

Any help on this would be appreciated!

Steve

An Excel 2007 file I had previously used, will not open

Try finding the "my" file in My Documents...or wherever you have it stored
(via Windows Explorer)...and double click on it there.

"badger48" wrote:

I had a file named budget. My wife set up another excel 2007 with the name
budget so that when I wanted to go back into "my" budget, I received the
message that since there were two files named budget, I could not open "my"
budget. I renamed the files so each is now different. However, now I can
not open "my" budget. My wife's file budget opens and works normally and I
can open other excel 2007 files with no problem. I have a problem only with
the original "my" budget.

Any help on this would be appreciated!

Steve

An Excel 2007 file I had previously used, will not open

If it opens, you might want to try saving as...a different name than the
other 2 files.