-   -   Pivot Tables (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/151120-pivot-tables.html)

cww

Pivot Tables

I use the wonderful pivot a lot. I use SQL to get dvolitile data and then
refreash the pivot. Is there a way to "scrub" the pivot memory without
starting all over, i.e., data in the pivot select is persistant from the
prior refreshed even when not in the current data set. Its correctly not in
the final pivot, but continues to appear in new select list? thx in advance

Debra Dalgleish

Pivot Tables

There are instructions here for clearing old items from a pivot table:

Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List
http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html

"cww" wrote:

I use the wonderful pivot a lot. I use SQL to get dvolitile data and then
refreash the pivot. Is there a way to "scrub" the pivot memory without
starting all over, i.e., data in the pivot select is persistant from the
prior refreshed even when not in the current data set. Its correctly not in
the final pivot, but continues to appear in new select list? thx in advance

cww

Pivot Tables

thx!! most helpful