-   -   How do you re-code data? Age with decimals into age by full year (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/150491-how-do-you-re-code-data-age-decimals-into-age-full-year.html)

headachewithExcel

How do you re-code data? Age with decimals into age by full year

Hi, I have a data set in which age in years was calcluated from subtracting
"today's date" from the birthdate. The resulting age includes digits below
decimal points. I want to re-code or format the data so the age would be in
integers, but it will always be rounded down -- for example, 5.8 years will
be recoded as 5 years, as well as 5.2 years. What is an easy way to do this
for all cases in the data set? I want this to not only display as integers,
but also be read as integers, so original 5.2 and 5.8s will be read as same
numbers (so I can sort by age, and then sort by another variable within age).
Thank you!

Bob Phillips

How do you re-code data? Age with decimals into age by full year

=INT(your_formula)

or

=ROUNDDOWN(your_formula,0)

--