-   -   Conditional formatting for text? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/150447-conditional-formatting-text.html)

Kevin

Conditional formatting for text?

Is there a conditional formula for inserting text into specific cells?
Example: I want to insert a company name into cell B3 and I want B4 to
auto-populate the street address, then b5 the city,state,zip, b6 the phone
number, etc.
There would be approx. 5 company names in that first selection option.
Any help would be appreciated.
--
Kevin Hromas
Proadjuster.org

T. Valko

Conditional formatting for text?

Sounds like you need to create a lookup table. See if this helps:

http://contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP