-   -   I would like to copy UNIQUE data from a column in a SINGLE CELL (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/150123-i-would-like-copy-unique-data-column-single-cell.html)

Yogi

I would like to copy UNIQUE data from a column in a SINGLE CELL

I would like to copy UNIQUE data from a column in a SINGLE CELL

bj

I would like to copy UNIQUE data from a column in a SINGLE CELL

more info please
will there only be one unique item?
is it text or numbers?
What is definition of unique in this case?
an example would be useful

"Yogi" wrote:

I would like to copy UNIQUE data from a column in a SINGLE CELL

challa prabhu

I would like to copy UNIQUE data from a column in a SINGLE CELL

Hi,

What do you mean by unique, column and cell. Please elaborate ...

However, you could follow the procedure mentioned below:

Filter for unique records

1. Select the column or click a cell in the range or list you want to filter.
2. On the Data menu, point to Filter, and then click Advanced Filter.
3. Do one of the following.
To filter the range or list in place, similar to using AutoFilter, click
Filter the list, in-place.
To copy the results of the filter to another location, click Copy to
another location. Then, in the Copy To box, enter a cell reference.

To select a cell, click Collapse Dialog to temporarily hide the dialog box.
Select the cell on the worksheet, and then press Expand Dialog .

4. Select the Unique records only check box.

Note: Once you filter for unique values, you can copy them to another
worksheet and then archive or delete the original worksheet.

Challa Prabhu