-   -   How do I unprotect a worksheet when I have forgotten the password. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1501-how-do-i-unprotect-worksheet-when-i-have-forgotten-password.html)

Mark99

How do I unprotect a worksheet when I have forgotten the password.

I have protected a worksheet without properly taking or remembering the
password. I now have some confidential information locked away that I cannot
retrieve. Is there a way to unprotect or retrieve the data?

Thanks

Ken Macksey

Hi

If it is a workbook or worksheet password, download my file from here.

http://home.ripway.com/2004-11/20577...swordsCBAR.xls

If it is a file open password, you will need to purchase a commercial
password remover.

See http://www.Lostpassword.com

HTH

Ken