-   -   Copying Web Data to Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/150062-copying-web-data-excel.html)

Rod Bowyer

Copying Web Data to Excel

I am trying to copy data from a number of web pages. It all works fine until
I try to copy a cell that refers to where a an entrant came in the field.
For example a person who came 8th of 8 entrants would have an entry of 8/8 in
this cell.

Excel automatically assume that 8/8 refers to the 8th day of August and
returns it as a date field. I cannot input to the web page (only alter it
once it is copied across to Excel) but cannot seem to do anything to convert
it back to 8/8.

I hope that someone can help me.

Many thanks - Rod

Francois via OfficeKB.com

Copying Web Data to Excel

Rod Bowyer wrote:
I am trying to copy data from a number of web pages. It all works fine until
I try to copy a cell that refers to where a an entrant came in the field.
For example a person who came 8th of 8 entrants would have an entry of 8/8 in
this cell.

Excel automatically assume that 8/8 refers to the 8th day of August and
returns it as a date field. I cannot input to the web page (only alter it
once it is copied across to Excel) but cannot seem to do anything to convert
it back to 8/8.

I hope that someone can help me.

Many thanks - Rod

Format the required cells as Text