-   -   Time (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/149942-time.html)

Scott W

Time

How do I calculate how long it takes to complete processing parts when the
number of parts to process changes. For example I am using the following to
track time

A B C D
1 Code Description Hours Code Factor
2 10 IL MTL ISSUE 0.50 10 0.02
3 20 IL COAT 0.50 20 0.02

The formula in Cell E2&E3 is=TIME(0,30,0). The Hours in colum C are based on
processing 10 parts. My question is how do I increase the factor in the E
colum to account for the increased time required to process 20 parts.

Thanks

Scott

Toppers

Time

How is the factor worked out initially And which column is number of parts :
2 columns are labelled "code".

New factor= old factor* (new quantity/Original (factor) quantity) assuming
it doubles (?)

=0.02 * (20/10)

"Scott W" wrote:

How do I calculate how long it takes to complete processing parts when the
number of parts to process changes. For example I am using the following to
track time

A B C D
1 Code Description Hours Code Factor
2 10 IL MTL ISSUE 0.50 10 0.02
3 20 IL COAT 0.50 20 0.02

The formula in Cell E2&E3 is=TIME(0,30,0). The Hours in colum C are based on
processing 10 parts. My question is how do I increase the factor in the E
colum to account for the increased time required to process 20 parts.

Thanks

Scott

Sean Timmons

Time

MAke cell e2 =c2/24

"Scott W" wrote:

How do I calculate how long it takes to complete processing parts when the
number of parts to process changes. For example I am using the following to
track time

A B C D
1 Code Description Hours Code Factor
2 10 IL MTL ISSUE 0.50 10 0.02
3 20 IL COAT 0.50 20 0.02

The formula in Cell E2&E3 is=TIME(0,30,0). The Hours in colum C are based on
processing 10 parts. My question is how do I increase the factor in the E
colum to account for the increased time required to process 20 parts.

Thanks

Scott

Scott W

Time

Toppers,

On a separate sheet I have the number of parts and the calculation will pull
in that data. The 0.02 I put in as that was how long it takes to process 10
parts through that process, but some of the processing time will actually
double if the number of parts double so I need to account for that