-   -   Different columns according to value horizontally (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/149719-different-columns-according-value-horizontally.html)

massspectrometry

Different columns according to value horizontally

Hai there... I never actually used Excel.. and i know my question will sound a bit stupid.. But i really do not know.. and i hope someone can teach me..

I have thousands of data..and some of them look like this..

Sender, SendMessage, Reason (column name)
60111, WIN 22, successful!
60122, WIN aaa, invalid msg format!
60133, win 62, win prize!
60144, win 92, successful!
60155, WIN 82, successful!
60166, WIN 44, invalid msg format!
60177, Win 42, win prize!
60188, wIn 59, invalid msg format!
60199, wiN 16, successful!

and i need to seperate each data into different columns (horizontally) like if the Reason is successful, the all data that is successful will be in successful column..

the desired output will look like this.. in excel

60111, WIN 22, successful! 60122, WIN aaa, invalid msg format! 60133, win 62, win prize!
60144, win 92, successful! 60166, WIN 44, invalid msg format! 60177, Win 42, win prize!
60155, WIN 82, successful! 60188, wIn 59, invalid msg format!
60199, wiN 16, successful!

bj

Different columns according to value horizontally

If I understand what you need, the simplest method may be to select all and
sort by the reason column and select each grouping of reasons and move to a
new location
or use auto filter to select each reason grouping and copy and paste in new
columns.

--
massspectrometry