-   -   Autofilter Limitations (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/149667-autofilter-limitations.html)

Jeff

Autofilter Limitations

I have a data set with about 21,000 records and about 4,000 unique values in
the column I want to filter. Not all the values appear in the filter drop
down, so I just entered the value in the custom filter box. Not all records
associated with that value appear. When I search the document for the
filtered value, I find 8 records, but the autofilter only finds 6.

Peo Sjoblom

Autofilter Limitations

The only limitation is that the dropdown is only about 1000 items, you
should still get all the filtered values if you use custom from the
dropdown. Also make sure there are no blanks in-between
If that's the case remove the filter, then manually select the whole table
down to the 21000th record, then apply the filter

Peo Sjoblom