-   -   Locking linked file location in a formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/149479-locking-linked-file-location-formula.html)

ScottL

Locking linked file location in a formula

I have one workbook with a database in it. I have another that references
that database with the path of the file in the formula (vlookup). It works
fine as long as the 2 files are in the same folder. If I copy the 2nd
workbook to another folder location, the path in the formula is updated to
the new location and it cannot find the source file in the original location.

Is there a way to lock the path to always point it back to the original
location.

Thanks