-   -   Formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/149246-formatting.html)

BW

Formatting

In Excel 2007 is it possible to format a minus number with brackets.
Ex: (2013.70)

[email protected]

Formatting

On Jul 6, 1:08 pm, bw wrote:
In Excel 2007 is it possible to format a minus number with brackets.
Ex: (2013.70)

Right click the cell(s) to format. Select format cells... select
number under category then I think that it is the 3rd and 4th option
depending on the colours that you want

Dave Peterson

Formatting

You could give it a custom format:
General;(General);0;@

(positive; negative; zero; text

====
If you want to be able to see those ()'s when you're in the format|number
tab|number category, you could try this (it works in xl2003--I didn't test it in
xl2007).

Windows start button|control panel
regional and language options
regional options tab
click the customize button
currency tab
change the negative currency format to show ()'s.

--

Dave Peterson

jostlund

Formatting

This does work in 2007 - thanks very much!

bw wrote:

In Excel 2007 is it possible to format a minus number with brackets.
Ex: (2013.70)

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

Formatting

Thanks for posting back with your results.