-   -   Copying Formula Situation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/149214-copying-formula-situation.html)

Beep Beep

Copying Formula Situation

When one has two versions of the same file open, say €œfrankstaxes.xls€ and
€œfrankstaxes_2.xls€ and one is copying a worksheet from one to the other, how
do you get around Excel renaming all the references so that they include the
local files filename in many of the formulae??

bj

Copying Formula Situation

the best method I know is to copy and then do find replace to insure the
proper sheet is referenced.
In other words I don't know how to do it directly.

"Beep Beep" wrote:

When one has two versions of the same file open, say €œfrankstaxes.xls€ and
€œfrankstaxes_2.xls€ and one is copying a worksheet from one to the other, how
do you get around Excel renaming all the references so that they include the
local files filename in many of the formulae??

Gord Dibben

Copying Formula Situation

Before copying do an EditReplace

What: =

With: ^^^

Replace all.

Copy and paste to other book and reverse the process.

Close source book without saving or reverse there also.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

When one has two versions of the same file open, say “frankstaxes.xls” and