-   -   Format problems (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/148911-format-problems.html)

jester9280

Format problems

I recently downloaded the SP2 update for my XP Home Editition. Now I am
trying to change the font formatting in Excel and if I click on the font,
font size, bold, etc., it kicks me out. What is the deal here?

joel

Format problems

Make sure you have all the updates after SP2. go to the microsoft update
webpage and check for all the office updates for your computer.

"jester9280" wrote:

I recently downloaded the SP2 update for my XP Home Editition. Now I am
trying to change the font formatting in Excel and if I click on the font,
font size, bold, etc., it kicks me out. What is the deal here?

Dave Peterson

Format problems

Excel (and most (all???) windows program uses the printer driver to show how to
display things on the screen.

Maybe you could change to a different printer (the printer doesn't have to
exist, but you have to install the driver) to see if that helps.

If it does help, I'd visit the printer manufacturer's web site and look for an
updated driver (or at least a fresh driver).

There have been a lot of posts that complain that changing format the first time
can slow excel down. Lots of times, it's because the user's printer is using a
network printer (or the driver is on the network--not installed on the pc).

--

Dave Peterson