-   -   how to reconcile multiple names for same customer (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/148910-how-reconcile-multiple-names-same-customer.html)

charlenegrelli

how to reconcile multiple names for same customer

I receive a large spreadsheet that is a combination of reports from multiple
distributors. Each distributor lists customers with slightly different
names, and then their total sales to that customer.

Example customer names:

Danaher, Danaher Industrial, Danaher Chemical, Danaher industries, etc. I'd
like to automatically sum the sales to all of the *Danaher*.

How do I go about?

Fred Smith

how to reconcile multiple names for same customer

This is why customer numbers were invented.

However, it you have no choice but to use the name, you can work with Sumif, as
in:

=sumif(A:A,"*danaher*",B:B)

Fred