-   -   How do I change date default (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/148892-how-do-i-change-date-default.html)

Patrícia Maff

How do I change date default

When I open a new file and I insert in a cell some date (like 10-04) it
doesn't appears the current year, I would like to change it to always appears
10-04-07.

Sandy Mann

How do I change date default

Does it appear in the formula bar with the correct year?

If so pre-format the cell as dd-mm-yy or mm-dd-yy depending on your date
system.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Patrícia Maff" <Patrícia
wrote in message
When I open a new file and I insert in a cell some date (like 10-04) it
doesn't appears the current year, I would like to change it to always
appears
10-04-07.

Peo Sjoblom

How do I change date default

If you don't get 10-04-07 what do you get?

Peo Sjoblom