-   -   Excel 2003 - Toggle formulae display ON/OFF on worksheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/148875-excel-2003-toggle-formulae-display-off-worksheet.html)

Training Goddess

Excel 2003 - Toggle formulae display ON/OFF on worksheet

I've created a macro to do this, but I was sure that there was a shortcut key
already in Excel 2003 to do this. Here's how my macro looks:

Sub ToggleFormulaOnOff()
FormulaStatus = ActiveWindow.DisplayFormulas
ActiveWindow.DisplayFormulas = Not FormulaStatus
End Sub

Does anyone know the existing shortcut?
Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Training Goddess

Dave Peterson

Excel 2003 - Toggle formulae display ON/OFF on worksheet

On my USA keyboard, the shortcut key is:

ctrl-`

(Control-backquote, the key to the left of the 1/! on the top row)

--

Dave Peterson

Mike H

Excel 2003 - Toggle formulae display ON/OFF on worksheet

Try:-

Ctrl+`

Its to the left of the 1 key.

Mike

"Training Goddess" wrote:

I've created a macro to do this, but I was sure that there was a shortcut key
already in Excel 2003 to do this. Here's how my macro looks:

Sub ToggleFormulaOnOff()
FormulaStatus = ActiveWindow.DisplayFormulas
ActiveWindow.DisplayFormulas = Not FormulaStatus
End Sub

Does anyone know the existing shortcut?
Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Training Goddess

Mike H

Excel 2003 - Toggle formulae display ON/OFF on worksheet

same on UK

Training Goddess wrote:

I've created a macro to do this, but I was sure that there was a shortcut key
already in Excel 2003 to do this. Here's how my macro looks:

Sub ToggleFormulaOnOff()
FormulaStatus = ActiveWindow.DisplayFormulas
ActiveWindow.DisplayFormulas = Not FormulaStatus
End Sub

Does anyone know the existing shortcut?
Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Training Goddess

--

Dave Peterson

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)

Excel 2003 - Toggle formulae display ON/OFF on worksheet

On my USA keyboard, the shortcut key is:

ctrl-`

(Control-backquote, the key to the left of the 1/! on the top row)

You can also add a button to the toolbar to toggle this with a mouse
click...

Right-click a blank area of the toolbar and select Customize from the popup
menu.

Select the Command tab on the dialog box that appears.

Select Tools in the Categories list and then scroll down in the Commands
list until you find Formula Auditing Mode

Click and drag the Formula Auditing Mode icon to some place on one of the
tool bars and release the mouse button.

The Formula Auditing Mode icon should now appear on the tool bar. Close the
Customize dialog box. Whenever you click this icon, the formula display mode
should toggle.

Rick

Training Goddess

Excel 2003 - Toggle formulae display ON/OFF on worksheet

Thank you all for your help and for the extra tip about the toolbar button.

How cool is that?!? and so fast!

Cheers!
Kimberly