-   -   How to connect Excel to stored procedures in SQL database? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/148674-how-connect-excel-stored-procedures-sql-database.html)

tskogstrom

How to connect Excel to stored procedures in SQL database?

I need to get data from stored procedures in a sql database. I can't
see the sprocs in the list in "Select database source" window.

How can Iconnect to this information? If not with the user GUI, maybe
with vba?

Lets say the server name = Srv1, database name = DBTest1, user =
User1, pws = empty, sprocs = sptemp_report

Thankful to any help you can offer.
Kind regards
TSkogstrom

challa prabhu

How to connect Excel to stored procedures in SQL database?

Yes. This is possible using the VBA in Excel.

Note: Extracting and transferring data between Microsoft Database and SQL
Server is easier. But transfering data between database and Excel can be done
by writing code within Excel programming environment. Data in Excel requries
cleaning to meet database constraints.

Challa Prabhu