-   -   Open 2 instances of Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/148647-open-2-instances-excel.html)

dan

Open 2 instances of Excel

woHi,
sometimes when I open 2 different workbooks in Excel they both appear in the
sme window, but I saw it before that when opening them they can come as two
seperate Excel witdonws (which is more usefule for me). How can I make it
open like that.

Thank you, Dan

Stan Brown

Open 2 instances of Excel

Mon, 2 Jul 2007 00:32:07 -0700 from Dan
:
woHi,
sometimes when I open 2 different workbooks in Excel they both appear in the
sme window, but I saw it before that when opening them they can come as two
seperate Excel witdonws (which is more usefule for me). How can I make it
open like that.

Tools | Options | View | Show: Windows in Taskbar

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

challa prabhu

Open 2 instances of Excel

Hi,

You have to open Microsoft Excel Application twice. If you open an Excel
Workbook and then open one more workbook using the File-Open from the same
instance, then you will find two Workbook available for you in the same
instance of Excel under the Windows menu and the Task bar will diaplay only
one Excel instance.

However, if you have different instance of Excel opened by clicking the
Microsoft Excel application, you will find only those document pertaining to
each instance of Excel under Windows menu and two different instance of Ecel
diaplayed in your Task bar.

Challa Prabhu