-   -   Excel to SQL..how to update (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/148483-excel-sql-how-update.html)

nbercasio143

Excel to SQL..how to update

Here's what I am trying to do. I populated my SQL table then I was able to
retrieve the records into my Excel Spreadsheet. Now my question is, how can I
use my spreadsheet to update the records in my SQL table.

challa prabhu

Excel to SQL..how to update

Hi,

Just want to know how your are retrieving the record into your Excel file.
The reason being that you can link an Microsoft Access database to an higher
end database to have a persistent connection.

However, I assume you can provide a button to refresh you data in Excel
using a VBScript code to update the record in your Excel from the database
you are trying to access.

Challa Prabhu