Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Need help setting up weekly mail-merge format

We have about 20 new customers each week that we would like to send a
"Welcome" letter to. I get their name and address from our core
system, but everything is in ALL CAPS and the Name column is in the
format LASTNAME, FIRSTNAME. I have to break them apart using the
"Text to Columns" function in Excel. Then I have to use the "Proper"
formula on each column to make the capitalization right. Then I use
"Mail Merge" in Word. It's not bad to do for a one-time deal, but I
figured somebody would know a way to set up a quicker or "one-click"
way to do this.

Here are the columns and formats that I start with: (1)LASTNAME,
FIRSTNAME (2)ADDRESS (3)CITY (4) STATE (5) ZIP

Here are the columns and formats that I want to end with:
(1)Firstname (2)Lastname (3)City (4)State (5)ZIP

Here is how I want my letter to start:

FirstName Lastname
Address
City, State Zip