-   -   Permanently extending dropdown menus (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/148413-permanently-extending-dropdown-menus.html)

jbclem

Permanently extending dropdown menus

Everytime I open an Excel 2002 menu from the standard top row of titles (File,Edit,View,Format, etc...) I get an
abbreviated version of the menu with some arrows at the bottom of the menu. I'd like to see the entire menu everytime I
open it, is there a way to set this up?

jc

Bob Flanagan

Permanently extending dropdown menus

Select View, Toolbars, Customize, Options, and click on always show full
menus.

Bob Flanagan
Macro Systems
144 Dewberry Drive
Hockessin, Delaware, U.S. 19707

Phone: 302-234-9857, cell 302-584-1771
http://www.add-ins.com

"jbclem" wrote in message
Everytime I open an Excel 2002 menu from the standard top row of titles
(File,Edit,View,Format, etc...) I get an
abbreviated version of the menu with some arrows at the bottom of the
menu. I'd like to see the entire menu everytime I
open it, is there a way to set this up?

jc

Gord Dibben

Permanently extending dropdown menus

ToolsCustomizeOptionsAlways show full menus.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:35:39 -0700, "jbclem" wrote:

Everytime I open an Excel 2002 menu from the standard top row of titles (File,Edit,View,Format, etc...) I get an
abbreviated version of the menu with some arrows at the bottom of the menu. I'd like to see the entire menu everytime I
open it, is there a way to set this up?

jc

jbclem

Permanently extending dropdown menus

Thanks for the help...I'd done this before but just couldn't find the spot to do it again.

jc