-   -   How do I delete blank rows (rows alternate data, blank, data, etc (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/148051-how-do-i-delete-blank-rows-rows-alternate-data-blank-data-etc.html)

ncochrax

How do I delete blank rows (rows alternate data, blank, data, etc

I am looking for a shortcut to delete multiple blank rows (rows alternate as
follows: data, blank, data, blank, etc.) Is there a way to delete the blank
rows between the data rows without having to select each row individually
using CNTRL-C?

Tim Shnell

How do I delete blank rows (rows alternate data, blank, data, etc

On Jun 26, 1:10 pm, ncochrax
wrote:
I am looking for a shortcut to delete multiple blank rows (rows alternate as
follows: data, blank, data, blank, etc.) Is there a way to delete the blank
rows between the data rows without having to select each row individually
using CNTRL-C?

Selecting all of your data and sorting it by any of your columns
should move all of the blank rows to the bottom.

JMB

How do I delete blank rows (rows alternate data, blank, data, etc

you could also use the autofilter to filter for blanks, then delete the
filtered rows, turn off autofilter.

or, select one of your columns, Edit/Goto/Special - blanks, which will
select the blank cells and then delete the rows.

be sure to keep a backup before you try any suggestion that is new to you
(if your data is important, you should already have it backed up).