Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Vlookup that only returns a value that satifies a condition.

Hello, hope someone can help here. I've been hacking away on this one for days.
I'm looking for some code that can do a Vlookup (or other function) that
will do the following. Rather than trying to describe the logic, I thought
it may be easier to show you what has to be done..

The following data has been placed into a worksheet called "Jobs"
Row # 1 are titles.

A B C D
1 Site# Job# Name Status
2 a123 2005-012 KL Complete
3 90652 2003-120 NN Current
4 4b00v1 2007-001 AB Complete
5 8008 2006-234 PN Pending
6 a123 2007-123 KL Current
7 h7799 2004-222 KL Current
8 90652 2007-901 NN Complete
500 v456 2007-867 PN Current

I have another worksheet called "Projects"
In this worksheet I need to see the following "Current" projects ...

A B C
Site# Job# Name
1 90652 2003-120 NN
2 a123 2007-123 KL
3 h7799 2004-222 KL
4 v456 2007-867 PN

I would like to have cells in column "B" and "C" filled with values from
Worksheet "Jobs" only if the row has a Status of "Current".
The only information that I need to key in is Column "A" (Site #).
Columns "B" and "C" only get filled in if the condition is satisfied.

Any ideas or help would be most appreciated !

JLV