-   -   Excel spreadsheet linked into a word doc a compound document? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/147847-excel-spreadsheet-linked-into-word-doc-compound-document.html)

MeghanQuerry

Excel spreadsheet linked into a word doc a compound document?

I am working with compound documents and I am not sure if an external excel
spreadsheet linked into a word document can be a compound document. Why or
why not? Please explain because I am so lost.

Toppers

Excel spreadsheet linked into a word doc a compound document?

Given the defintion below, I (no expert!) would say yes.

In computing, a compound document is a document type typically produced
using word processing software, and is a regular text document intermingled
with e.g. spreadsheets, pictures, digital videos, digital audio, and other
multimedia features. It can also be used to collect several documents into
one.