-   -   How can I activate cell shading in a protected worksheet? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/1478-how-can-i-activate-cell-shading-protected-worksheet.html)

unprotect cell shading

How can I activate cell shading in a protected worksheet?

I protected the spreadsheet that I was working on except for some cells that
needed to be accessed by other employees. But I could not color shade the
unprotected cells when worksheet protection is activated.

Frank Kabel

Hi
in Excel 2002 you can allow formatting in the 'Tools - Protection'
dialog

--
Regards
Frank Kabel