-   -   Export to Works? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/147581-export-works.html)

Bob

Export to Works?

Is there a way to export an Excel file saved in xls format to MS Works? I
have a user that does not have Excel and needs to be able to use this file
which was created in Excel 2003. Am I correct that the file type for Works
spreadsheets is .wks?

Thanks

Barb Reinhardt

Export to Works?

I have the option to save to a .wks extension on my computer, but I have no
idea what might change within the workbook. I think I'd push to get the
user Excel, rather than the risk of missing something with the conversion.

"Bob" wrote:

Is there a way to export an Excel file saved in xls format to MS Works? I
have a user that does not have Excel and needs to be able to use this file
which was created in Excel 2003. Am I correct that the file type for Works
spreadsheets is .wks?

Thanks

Chip Pearson

Export to Works?

If I'm not mistaken, the 'wks' extension is for Lotus 123 files, not MS
Works files.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson