-   -   When I have a formula in a cell, how can I make it come up blank? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/147398-when-i-have-formula-cell-how-can-i-make-come-up-blank.html)

Vi

When I have a formula in a cell, how can I make it come up blank?

Example, I have the formula e2+e3 in cell e4. I have data in cell e3 but
nothing in cell e2. I want e4 to be blank instead of putting in a zero.
Thanks.

Gary''s Student

When I have a formula in a cell, how can I make it come up blank?

=IF(E2="","",E2+E3)

Basically this does the check. Especially important if your formula has
divides.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200732

Pete_UK

When I have a formula in a cell, how can I make it come up blank?

Try this in E4:

=IF(OR(E2="",E3=""),"",E2+E3)

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jun 21, 1:45 pm, Vi wrote:
Example, I have the formula e2+e3 in cell e4. I have data in cell e3 but
nothing in cell e2. I want e4 to be blank instead of putting in a zero.
Thanks.

David Biddulph[_2_]

When I have a formula in a cell, how can I make it come up blank?

=IF(E2="","",E2+E3)
or
=IF(ISBLANK(E2),"",E2+E3)
--
David Biddulph

"Vi" wrote in message
Example, I have the formula e2+e3 in cell e4. I have data in cell e3 but
nothing in cell e2. I want e4 to be blank instead of putting in a zero.
Thanks.

Vi

When I have a formula in a cell, how can I make it come up blank?

Thank you, this helped.