-   -   conditional formatting for entire row (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/147153-conditional-formatting-entire-row.html)

h20polo

conditional formatting for entire row

Hi,

If, in column Z, there is a letter "R," is there a way to highlight that
entire row, not just the cell with the letter "R"?

Thanks.

David Biddulph[_2_]

conditional formatting for entire row

Yes. Instead of using "Cell value is", use "Formula is"
=$Z1="R"
Note the absolute addressing for the column, and relative addressing for the
row.
--
David Biddulph

"h20polo" wrote in message

If, in column Z, there is a letter "R," is there a way to highlight that
entire row, not just the cell with the letter "R"?

Thanks.

h20polo

conditional formatting for entire row

Thanks David--I did and it works pretty well. The only thing is that it for
the most part only highlights the first letter of every column in the row. If
I use the AutoFill option for a name that I've entered in more than once,
then it highlights the entire word. Can I fix this?