Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default OLAP sum function

Got my data into OLAP cube, from delimited file, want to summarize quantity
and price to summarize in the pivot table : it only lets me count !! Dear
community, where have I got it wrong ?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It sounds like the 'count' setting is selected for the field in the pivot
table. This can be changed to 'sum' in the 'layout' of the field in the
pivot table.

If this does not work you can try formatting the field on your worksheet as
values. Sometimes when converting data from other sources numbers can
brought over as text.
--
T Tipsy

"Hood" wrote:

Got my data into OLAP cube, from delimited file, want to summarize quantity
and price to summarize in the pivot table : it only lets me count !! Dear
community, where have I got it wrong ?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Terry, the issue here is that the text file is far too large to fit in
Excel, hence OLAP, but it appears that the format of the file is wrong, if it
could be a csv file it works, but mu back office churns out delimited text
files, I have already tried renaming the extension to csv but to no avail : I
don't know if you have any further suggestions.