-   -   How to change security format of spreadsheat? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/146967-how-change-security-format-spreadsheat.html)

accounts.payable[_2_]

How to change security format of spreadsheat?

A former co-worker must have programmed Excel 2003 program in her computer to
automatically have exclusive use only. Then she resigned and the new person
doesn't know how to undo it. We have this Excel file from that computer that
we need shared and to be edited by any user in our network. How do we
reverse the file protection?

Tevuna

How to change security format of spreadsheat?

"the new person doesn't know how to undo it"

The new person doesn't know the old person's phone number either.
Ha... I'm corny

"accounts.payable" wrote:

A former co-worker must have programmed Excel 2003 program in her computer to
automatically have exclusive use only. Then she resigned and the new person
doesn't know how to undo it. We have this Excel file from that computer that
we need shared and to be edited by any user in our network. How do we
reverse the file protection?

accounts.payable[_2_]

How to change security format of spreadsheat?

you're not helping....

"accounts.payable" wrote:

A former co-worker must have programmed Excel 2003 program in her computer to
automatically have exclusive use only. Then she resigned and the new person
doesn't know how to undo it. We have this Excel file from that computer that
we need shared and to be edited by any user in our network. How do we
reverse the file protection?

Peo Sjoblom

How to change security format of spreadsheat?

Do a Google search for "Excel password protection" "Forgot Excel password"
and you will find many examples, it involves using macros or add-ins

Peo Sjoblom

"accounts.payable" wrote in
message ...
you're not helping....