-   -   Extract Month (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/146834-extract-month.html)

John Moore

Extract Month

Hi guys, Looking for a way to extract the month from the following date....

01/03/2007 00:00
I need the formula to pull out the month ( 03 ) and give it it's name ,, as
in March for 03 ,, can this be done ?

Rick Rothstein \(MVP - VB\)

Extract Month

Hi guys, Looking for a way to extract the month from the following
date....

01/03/2007 00:00
I need the formula to pull out the month ( 03 ) and give it it's name ,,
as
in March for 03 ,, can this be done ?

Give this formula a try...

=TEXT(A1,"mmmm")

where your date is assumed to be in A1.

Rick

FSt1

Extract Month

hi,
date in a1....
=text(a1,"mmmm")

regards
FSt1

"John Moore" wrote:

Hi guys, Looking for a way to extract the month from the following date....

01/03/2007 00:00
I need the formula to pull out the month ( 03 ) and give it it's name ,, as
in March for 03 ,, can this be done ?

John Moore

Extract Month

Guys,